Open Enrollment begins in just four weeks! Understanding the basics can help you take advantage of this important time period. Brought to you by REALTORS® Insurance Marketplace, this nine part series will help you learn important facts about this year’s Open Enrollment.
6. A Qualified Health Plan includes TEN ESSENTIAL HEALTH BENEFITS, which cover:
- Outpatient care—the kind you get without being admitted to a hospital
- Trips to the emergency room
- Treatment in the hospital for inpatient care
- Care before and after your baby is born
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment, counseling, and psychotherapy
- Prescription drugs
- Services and devices to help you recover if you are injured, or have a disability or chronic condition. This includes physical and occupational therapy, speech language pathology,
psychiatric rehabilitation, and more.
- Lab tests
- Preventive services including counseling, screenings, and vaccines to keep you healthy
and/or provide care for managing a chronic disease
- Pediatric services, including dental care and vision care for kids
For more information please watch for our next part in this nine part series, posted weekly.
(Pssst…If you can’t wait to see all 9, click here.)