What do I do if my situation changes during the year?

There are special enrollment periods for people who have life changes or other situations.  These include losing minimum essential coverage; gaining a dependent or becoming a dependent through marriage, birth, adoption or placement for adoption; becoming a citizen, national or lawfully present individual; or becoming newly eligible for a premium tax credit or cost-sharing assistance.

If one of these life changes happens to you, you’ll have 60 days to go back to the Insurance Marketplace to enroll in a Qualified Health Plan (QHP).

If you missed your 60 days; there are still other insurance plans you can enroll into such as Temporary Health Insurance or REALTORS® Core Health Insurance.  Understand, though, that these plans do not meet the standards of a QHP and a penalty may still apply.

Members should contact SASid’s professionally licensed staff at 877-267-3752 for advice and/or direction navigating their options.  Products and insurance companies may be different per exchange.